Originally Posted by Anonymous
We played top ranked teams and the stats were never accurate. One example was when the opposing team's best player scored one goal and was credited with three. That is just one example. It happened all the time. The biggest abuse of stats came with adding assist. That was never accurate even in the playoffs. Our team never has accurate stats. Players would complain and they were told nothing could be done because it was already called in by the coach. The "mistakes" always favored the same players. My guy plays defense so it never affected him. Those that say stats are not accurate are not making it up.

Once again, a poster throwing around words like "top ranked teams" "it happened all the time", yet gives no specific dates or teams to validate the claim. It didn't happen all the time, the stats were mostly accurate, and what kid is complaining to the coach about missing stats? if my son made that complaint to his coach he would be done and I would be embarrassed for him. Whatever happened to winning?

There is nothing wrong with a player pointing out to his coach that the scorekeeper got it wrong. If you are not going to try to get it right than why bother keeping score or stats at all?

There is plenty wrong with it, especially if your team lost. I can’t imagine anyone posting that ever played a team sport.

Oh please, get over yourself.