Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you were in Delaware this weekend you know the truth about coaches watching these teams (big difference b/w the teams by the way), and if you're kid actually plays on these teams you know the truth about commits/injuries/missing players/coaching/reclasses/politics, and side payments (yes, that is a rumor mill item now) that impact play.

If you weren't actually in DE and are just relying on Tourney Machine and your animonsity of other teams to form poor opinions, the below is for you:

- BBL 2022 only had 14 kids playing and missing key players. Hard to beat teams in such a deep and quality field without a full team, Solid performance despite the missing pieces
- LE 2023 had at least 40+ coaches including most top 10 programs watching their 2 games today despite the losses, tons of talent on the field just not the chemistry needed to win consistently. There will be many more recruited than you think.
-The other 2 NJ 2023 teams had significantly fewer coaches watching despite some talented players on both teams. Even some of the recent 2022s reclassed didn't move the needle a lot to produce wins on the BBL 2023 team. Talent doesn't always equal wins.
- LE 2022 does not have 10-15 uncommitted players, the person that said 5-6 is correct and most have offers and are waiting for the dust to settle from this weekend
- For now, BBL 2024 is still the best 2024 team in NJ. We'll see how a year of real HS playing time for other teams impacts this going forward.
- For those complaining about the coaches being the problem, good and elite players are formed from 1. a combination of player commitment to improving on their own time, 2. their club quality and experience (playing with and against top-notch players), 3. The quality and culture of their HS/town programs, 4. their own physical development (some have grown and some haven't), and 5. confidence level and willingness to become an alpha on teams of alpha players. If the team is underperforming (LE 2024 as an example), the players better start with number one on this list before blaming someone else and if the Coach isn't playing your son, you should consider moving to a different team because that is unlikely to change. Standing on the sideline of a great team won't give you visibility to recruiters or film.

I was at the LE 2023 games. There were not 40 coaches watching. And if they were, it would have been a bad day for that to happen.

Do you have any idea what coaches are looking at?
Tillman was at 3 different LE games, Tiffany was there, Yale & Duke coaches at two games & West Point had a coach at 4 out of the 5. Dartmouth was at 3 games. They can't all be looking at the same 5 kids.
If the LE 2023s are so bad then why did they keep coming back? Are you saying there were no other games at the same time?
I can't explain it, the team looked really bad this weekend. We can make excuses about the girl that was walking around that they all keep talking about or they were exhausted from the summer. Regardless the coaches were there and keep coming back.

Oh, so you’re “that dad”. You keep tabs on all the coaches on the sideline. Do you stand over their shoulder to read what they are writing down too?
Your post sounds like a 2024 or 2025 player.
I'll answer anyway. No, I'm not "that dad" totally the opposite. I stand as far away as possible, the only reason I know they are there is because they walk when they leave.
I'm asking the question. Why are they there?

They are there to look at the 2-3 kids they want.