We certainly agree that players who want to excel will do the "extra" work. Run for endurance, work stick skills etc... I think that often with a parent coach you see some favoritism of the parent's daughter and her friends or the friends of the parent. Certainly there are excellent parent coaches who do not do this. It is just a generalization. I was more responding to parents here who mentioned that on some teams, it appears all the plays run through a coaches daughter etc... And of course, we agree that there are aspects of skills for individual development. But there are differences in the team concept that you can clearly see on some teams in both the players and even in the parents on the sideline. I think we have clearly heard that through out this entire thread from many different comments. But every parent has to go where they think is best for their own child (and hopefully they consider what the child wants and is realistic about her ability to play at a specific level). There are so many options in this area so hopefully every young lady who wants to play can find a team that works for her.