Originally Posted by Anonymous
So let me give you a perspective from my daughter's point of view as player. When I asked her how she would feel if one (or several for that matter) of her unvaccinated teammates contracted COVID which resulted in shutting down the team temporarily. Her brief response was "I'd be pissed." I bet there would be quite a few unhappy teammates if the inaction of some led to their season being impacted. You may want to keep that in mind if your daughter is on the fence about getting the vaccine.

I guess if one of the vaccinated teammates contracted COVID which resulted in shutting down the team temporarily that would be okay?

I'm not sure if you are talking about high school or college teams, but college players have a lot of incentive to be vaccinated. Every school and conference will have different protocols, and things could always change as covid situation changes, but my sense right now is that teams will not be shutting down if the majority of players are vaccinated unless many have actual covid symptoms. Only unvaccinated players will be subjected to the constant testing and contact tracing. Vaccinated players are good to go unless they have symptoms and test positive. The CDC now says vaccinated people don't have to quarantine if exposed, so if your unvaccinated Sally gets Covid it's likely not going to impact the vaccinated players on the team. Sally will be out for a while, but those who are vaccinated will carry on without her...unless your high school has stricter protocols than CDC.

Makes sense ! If unvaccinated Sally gets Covid, the unvaccinated players on team will be most impacted and at more risk to each other. They will prob. have to get Tested and quarantined due to contact tracing, before being allowed to return to school/play? So, seems like they will be more a threat to each other than to the vaccinated students