Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good game between Northport and Smithtown, a shame it wasn’t at a neutral location and every call wasn’t against Smithtown. How much does CR pay refs?

I think Playoff games should always be in a neutral site. Diesn’t Nassau do that?

Yes! It’s a definite game changer. Shame on section XI for not doing their job.

When two teams pretty evenly matched and one gets home field advantage , it gives them an edge. I feel all Championship games should be played on a neutral field.

Then throw in the awful officiating in that Smithtown/Northport game and those SE girls were up against it. A string of calls starting with 5 minutes left in the 1st half let Northport erase a 6-2 deficit and got them back in the game. At one point, calls had to be 12-1 against SE, insane. Carol was working those refs all game, at least they'll stay on the summer circuit ref schedule now, a shame it came at the expense of 7 seniors on SE that have been YJ since 6th grade. 3 that she personally coached.

Kudos to the NPT goalie, she made 3 clutch saves with under 3 minutes left, huge stops. Anyway, on to college lacrosse for us. Enjoy your summers.

Agree! Refs stopped critical fast break, Let NP girl get away with hitting ST girl in head (she was even bleeding), called draw early on ST when NP girl moved first, let NP girl run out of bounds with ball, then called a push after she ran back in and got pushed with under a minute in game. The refs handed NP that game, SE was man down for 6min for absolute nonsense.. Even id they scored in final seconds, the refs certainly would have called the goal back. Was just ridiculous and would have been a different game at a neutral location! Other than that, I hope NP demolishes Pequa! .