My daughter is a rising HS senior and has played since kindergarten. This couldn’t be more true. She is committed and very excited to play in college but there were definitely quite a few times she wanted a break and wanted to check out other interests - even in high school after playing at a top high school and on various showcase teams like UA. She always came back around on her own but quite a few of her friends never did. And quite a few are still college committed but absolutely detest the sport now but feel pressured to follow thru until the end. Burn out is REAL and happens to the most committed and passionate of them. Parents need to savor every season and stop the undue pressure they deliberately or subliminally put on their child.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]You know some of you are going to have daughters who come to you in high school and tell you that they are quitting lacrosse because they detest it, have a boyfriend, found something they enjoy doing more so you might want to enjoy just watching them play the game now because it is fun.[/quote.

I already hear this from my daughter's friends in 7th grade. Don't think it won't be your kid because it definitely can be.