Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anytime you travel up there you know you are not only facing a strong team, but the refs are in her back pocket too. Commack had a girl get knocked out by a stick to the head from behind at midfield, 10 feet in front of the ref w/ 2 others on the field, obvious yellow - not a peep out of any of them. Spineless.

Is it possible that the officials are simply not very good?

Ya think. The officiating of this sport is at an all time low. No rule etc has hurt the sport more than the inept officiating one must endure while playing or watching almost any HS game. I know …… easy to complain and honestly I don’t have a simple remedy. Maybe a third official??? But that only means more mysterious calls??

It’s not great at the collegiate level either. I have an abstract theory though. The rules were written decades ago with the core rules still in place. Find an old video of an 80’s or 90’s women’s game. You will be shocked. The female lacrosse athlete, at all levels, is light years better now. Speed, athleticism, stick skills, physicality, you name it. I think it’s hard for the refs to apply the rules to this generation of player. My two cents.