Originally Posted by Anonymous
The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

Sorry, Sect XI job is not to make sure your kid is able to get to non-school sanctioned sporting events, especially private out of state competitions. Your whining about something Sect XI is not responsible for, so keep banging your head against the wall and let me know if it changes.

Best response I've read on here in a while - couldn't agree more (that Sect XI is NOT responsible).

Correct me if I’m wrong wasn’t the decision to remove the coaches blackout decided long after the High School sports calendars were completed. How could anyone plan around a decision that had not been made. Go perform well at out of state tournaments when you have the opportunity , and stop being a victim your whole life.

I will correct you because you are missing the point and acting like an arrogant. These tournaments happen at the same time every year. Regardless of whether the coaches could attend in person, or watch the film, they are critical in the recruiting process. I will also remind you that these spring athletes lost their ENTIRE season last year, whereas the other seasons did not. The bottom line, Section XI should not have scheduled playoff games on the weekend. It was not in the best interest of the athletes they serve.

Agree, and Very Well Said! The circumstances this year were very different and needed to be taken into consideration.