Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a 22 or 23 club player hoping to play lacrosse in college should forego an opportunity (or two) to be seen and recruited by attending college coaches (after NOT being seen in person for over a year due to “quiet period”). They should forego their dream of playing college lacrosse for a playoff game or two with their high school team. This is after sometimes 8-10 years of being committed to playing club lacrosse and working towards this goal. And what if enough of these HS players choose the same option and their club team doesn’t have enough players to compete and therefore 15+ girls lose their opportunity to be seen by college coaches? Who is really the selfish one in this case!?

I don’t think anyone belittling HS experience? I think Some girls just feeling a little desperate to get out there for recruiting stuff, due to the lost year. The committed girls, it’s not going to affect. It’s the uncommitted who feel pressure. With that said - The girls I know, both Committed and uncommitted would always choose HS ball over anything else

If your HSTeam is still playing in the playoffs players should not be competing in tournaments. It’s selfish to do so. The player is risking injury or simply being fatigued / not 100% physically ready to compete.

Completely disagree! HS playoff game will not make a difference in a recruit’s life. Even for those players on a team in a top high school conference in the country. Missing being seen by a college coach when so many circumstances have already gone against a 2022 recruit’s chance of being recruited can be the difference in playing college lacrosse or not. Coaches want to see these players in person. They have been watching film for over a year!

Odds of a HS player making a college varsity roster 2020 (females only):
# US HS Lax Players - 106,162
# of College Lax Players (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, NJCAA) - 13,908
% of US HS Lacrosse competing at any college level - 12.7%
% of US HS Lacrosse competing at NCAA D1 schools - 3.5%
Odds of a US HS Lax player making any college roster - 8:1
Odds of a US HS Lax player making an NCAA D1 roster - 28:1
(Data from [ChillLaxin])[/quote]

Those numbers are not relevant for Long Island.[/quote]

Of course they are. Long Island was in the US the last I saw 🤣 contrary to what many in this forum may believe, LI and Maryland girls no longer rule the college rosters like they used to. Many recruits now pulling from additional hot spots in the country now! Lots more competition - especially in the 22 class where many girls in these additional hot spots too have been playing club level lax since 4th grade. Having daughters that were 2016, 2018 and 2022 recruits I can tell you from experience that the landscape for my 22 is much more competitive than it ever was for my other girls who went fairly high level D1. My youngest is committed but I feel sorry for quite a few of her club teammates who are hoping the next several tournaments lock in a roster spot for them. The fact they now have to miss for a high school playoff game is not fair - especially after the rough recruiting season they have already endured. Def less roster spots avail on college teams than I saw with my older two!