Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will Joe Spallina go to Syracuse!?

Just read an article that said SU offered job to SU Alum / BC Assistant Coach but she turned it down... anything is possible but there are some additional SU Alumni that are probably being considered. IMHO JS would be a great hire.

A program like Syracuse, in my opinion, will hire a proven head coach, I doubt that whom ever they hire that this will be their first HC job.
Albany HC was star at SU
Wagner HC was star at SU
Pat Mcabe was a star at SU coached Adelphi womens to several Nat Championships
When Gait came in, he had been the Assistant coach at MD.

The Syracuse women's program did not have much history at all when Gary took over. It's a completely different situation now taking over the program he built.

For the women sake, I hope Spallina doesn't end up there. To go from Gait to Spallina is heartbreaking.

"I have a big ego because I'm the best lacrosse player the world has ever seen."

"I have a big ego because I'm small and never made much of myself in sports. But I tan a lot and take a look at how white my teeth are."

Very different people.

He might go there to keep an eye on his superstar son, he also has a few other kids that are low-level recruits that he may be able to pull some strings for.