Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just watched Towson Vs Drexel in CAA Playoffs, great game, Still not sure what happened. The game went into overtime and for some reason (I did not see a foul) the official awards the ball to Drexel to start OT, Drexel player goes to goal and official makes (IMHO) a questionable call and gives Drexel an 8 meter... Game Over. Idk, don’t know why Drexel got the ball and the call was questionable. Just don’t think games should end like that, officials play too big a roll in this sport.

It's role and not roll and officials play a huge factor in every sport. stinks for Towson, however that's how the ball bounces........or rolls.

I heard a player from Towson got hurt late and is normally on the draw circle. In OT Towson ended up short a girl for the draw and once the draw is set in position and ready to go, you cannot send another player running on the field at that time since they were set and ready to go. A girl ran on late and that delayed the draw so they get a green card. I do not know how accurate this is so if someone was there and knows please correct me

Wow, tough break for the Tigers. Although in the end, I don't think it mattered much considering the fact that both teams made the NCAA Tournament and were placed in the same bracket (don't get me started). Hope the coaches learned their lesson.