Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nothing has happened to my 3 sons in 9 years of HOCO, but each one has experienced a quite a few things at tournaments. It becomes he said/he said if complained about and basically nothing is addressed on a formal level. (The offenders aren't wearing mics, no proff.) Only once was a kid dense enough to say something to my son near a ref. Ansyway, the stuff happens. A lot.

We've been playing HoCo for six years, and I have never heard anything racist said in the stands, and my son has never heard anything on the field. So "this stuff happens a lot" seems exaggerated.

It's because the libs in the DC area want to see racism everywhere. When some parent remarks a black kid is fast, the parents (white or black) immediately respond by thinking it's some racist remark rather than a compliment. That same logic never holds when it is reversed. If you want to be offended, you will be offended.

Never said my sons were black.

To the PP: read that I said nothing has happened to us in the HoCo league and I actually defended the league. It plays in a very diverse area. But me claiming "Stuff happens a lot"... it's true. Happening just once should be considered a lot yes? Well it's happened more than once. Just can't get reported because nothing can be done about it unless an official witnesses. Otherwise it's not believed, you are the perfect example thank you!

The solution for now are my sons' loyal teammates.

You are exactly what the pp was referring to. White or black, you are offended by everything and report nothing because it won't rise to the level of a real issue.