Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
you are embarrassing yourself with the record argument. apples to oranges

They are trying to prove their point that records do not matter by showing some ridiculous at large bids from traditionally weaker conferences. Listen we know that there are numerous conferences that are very weak. They are lucky to even get an automatic berth and will more than likely be beat by double digits. No one ever said teams like Niagara, Siena and Monmouth are better than your Big 10 teams you hold in such high regard. However there are teams that many believe should be ranked versus some of the Big 10 teams that are below .500 and only play in conference this year. The IL media poll is a little better this week as Maryland is 15, Hopkins is 16. Rutgers at 19 is a little sketchy. But again, the playoffs will be the final answer to these questions. The big concern for the Big 10 is will these teams be invited.

From your list above you may be able to add 2-3 more ACC teams with at large berths based upon their overall record, not just their in conference records (perhaps Duke, ND, Va). I personally think the CAA has some teams that could compete with all the Big 10 teams except of course Northwestern. Could Hofstra beat Hopkins again like last year? I think they can, they have 5 losses but 4 of them are Drexel (2X), Stony Brook and Boston College. Could a Temple beat a Rutgers team? I think they can, they have 3 losses all year to Drexel and Florida (2X). Your point is well taken and expressed more times that we care to read...we will see at the end.

Why even bring up “below .500” ? It’s irrelevant with regard to comparing teams. There have been 3 illustrations on here (unc record vs Jacksonville record, the top 30 based on record and the at large bid based on record) all make it very clear how absurd it is to compare teams base on record. Why bring up Duke and ND? Have you looked at their out of conference schedules? They are a complete Joke.

You or some obviously have a problem with the Big 10 and want to use a teams record to judge the Big 10 teams.

Sorry, you can’t have it both ways.

Anyone who knows anything about this sport knows that The Big 10 is one of the toughest leagues around, always one of the top two conferences. This year is no different.