Originally Posted by Anonymous
I actually agree with the writers points on this post. It seem like he is talking about college rankings more than academics. I went back to find the post he was talking about and of course it started with a BBL/LE comparison of colleges and their recruits. I personally do not want my son going to a college where he is not going to play. That's just my opinion. And as far as colleges, a business degree from college #1 is still pretty much going to get you a job at a good company if you have connections and interview well. My neighbors son graduated from Rowan, yes Rowan, 7 years ago and is making $300,000.00 at MetLife.

I think the issue is more about the poster suggesting that a kid going to Monmouth, Sienna or Lafayette should not be looked at as less talented that the Yale, Maryland or Duke kid, feelings aside, it is simply not accurate, the Yale, Maryland or Duke kid is definitely more talented, those kids always stick out in the high school and club games. On the flip side, if you are considering academics, then the argument may hold some water, a kid graduating from Lafayette or any of the other schools listed can be equally as, if not more, successful than the Yale, Maryland or Duke kid.