Originally Posted by Anonymous
Drexel at Towson Tonight - 6:00pm.

Towson 12 - 11 @ Home smile

Drexel is legit. Can compete with any team ranked 10 - 20. Maybe
Maybe even higher, hope we get to see it happen. Towson is a solid team. Drexel is very good!

I watched the game last night. Drexel has at least 5 girls that can go to goal. They also have a good defense and goalie. They can possibly surprise some top ten teams. I think they are as good as 4 thru 10 in rankings

Agree. They are well coached too.

I think a solid zone D could slow them down as they look to dodge from the top 90% of time. Towson is a one on one defense but got beat a lot last night. They came out in zone in second half and slowed Drexel down for a little while. I do not think Towson plays zone much at all so it was not too strong

If you have the athletes Man to Man is the best option... Towson has excellent defenders the mids are not as strong as their base... they are OK just not as strong as the D... Not knocking or trying to be a MeanyJust my observation.... I think Drexel Looked great. Where you attack from and how you attack is dictated by what type of defense the other team is playing... Drexel is well coached and they identified the defense , adjusted , executed and exploited the zone. Towson is a solid team with a very good D. I agree I am pretty sure Towson likes to play man. I was very impressed with Drexel, it was the first opportunity I have had to watch them play. Fairly new coach I believe, CAA is now tougher, Hope Delaware coach can elevate their program over the next couple of years, Elon looking good, Towson and obviously JMU are always tough... William and Mary is a great school with a lot to offer and they traditionally challenge themselves with a tough out of conference schedule (a few ACC Teams, Richmond, Vanderbilt etc...)

Good for Drexel, Good for the sport.