Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid plays for Next Level. The coach is amazing. He teaches the kids so much and he's all about development and giving every kid a chance. Does any adult on this forum remember what their youth lacrosse record was in 5th grade? As parents, do you care about the team's record or do you care about your kid growing as a player and a person? The Next Level coach does things the right way on and off the field. It's true the team hasn't played well the last 3 games. It's also true they've been missing key kids in each of those games (which is not a good excuse for losing because I'm sure every other team has had same issue this spring -- but 3 games is a small sample size and both losses came on man down situations at end of 4th Q or OT). Next Level should be getting the full squad back soon. When they do, they'll be tough to beat. But there are a lot of strong teams in this division, so who knows? But I can tell you the Next Level coaches do an awesome job.

NL dad you might want to check “all about development and giving every kid a chance” line with parents of an older NL team. Mitchell play book is to line pockets with the young teams with talk of development and then recruit a new set of players for the older teams by offering free rides for players of other clubs. That’s how the 2024 and 2025 teams were built. Very few players from fifth grade still on those teams. Check the rosters.