Originally Posted by Anonymous
The head coach for the 26 team has never played lacrosse, has no communication skills, avoidance issues and can be hot and cold depending on his mood for the day. Maybe when he coached at the younger ages he was great but NOT going into 8th grade-high school level. Word has it that a girl left the team abruptly, I wonder if more girls will leave the team. Wake up Robinsion brothers!!!!

I know most coaches played in college, but that's not the be all end all for lax coaches in my experience. My daughters have had a few coaches with top pedigrees in terms of college programs, but were not good coaches. If the coach has learned the game (and keeps learning), is all-in, and can run a good practice (no long lines and standing around), then the team is probably in good hands. The coach also has to be able to "see" the game well in terms of what's happening out there and be able to break concepts down into a teachable way. There are some good coaches out there who never played at a high level. Also, male coaches who played in college still need to learn the girls game ;-). Just my two cents.