Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not bitter, not worried about soccer. My kids played D1, on scholarship, and didn’t have to go through the “club process”. To each is own, yes, kids play other club sports to go to college but let’s just not miss the point the that people like you “use” lacrosse try and get into those schools b/c of the inherent belief that it is the easiest. That is the point.
Not saying it is right or wrong and can’t get your kid into a good school. Us as parents have to use every avenue available to give our kids a shot at a good life and maybe a life better than ours.
Just too many are delusional about athletic ability because they play on a club team and spending way too much money to get their.

Happy to hear that your kids had a good experience and that they earned scholarships. I honestly think it is terrific.

I will say that your point / points are strange...but I get it and unfortunately girls lacrosse creates a lot of animosity. That said, We "use" as in leverage lacrosse the same way we "use" or leverage hard work, good grades etc... in order to increase our child's likelihood / odds / chances etc... of getting into the best or right school. For some reason you seem to take issue with the concept.

As far as it being easy, I do not believe it was easy for any of the kids, I'm sure they all worked hard and did the best they could.

I do agree with you that there are a lot of delusional parents.... Not all of the kids are going to go to a Top 10 program or to a top 10 academic school but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try. Set the bar and the goal high and even if you don't reach it you will probably do pretty well.

From a financial standpoint , everyone is in a different position and has different priorities. If Lacrosse or any other sport helps with the cost of college that is great.

I will say that if many of the best "lacrosse" athletes chose to specialize in another sport they would have success. We do not see the same opportunities in other sport for many reasons, it's not simply because the athletes are not here on The Island, a lot of other factors are involved.