Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When everyone is clambering to get lacrosse scholarships because it is “easier” says more about the sport than the athletes. You actually have to have legitimate talent to play D1 women’s basketball and soccer...not so much in lacrosse.
Most of these lax girls with D1 scholarships head off to college never to be heard from again because they were never really a D1 talent. Even with all these clubs eating all your money, the D1 talent pool is small, forcing D1 schools to take girls that are not really D1 talents to fill out 30 man rosters.
The D1 path for basketball and soccer is much more difficult because you actually have to have legitimate talent and are competing for spots on team ms against girls all across the world...lacrosse you are battling maybe 7-8 states with club lacrosse programs. It is even more watered down with all the new D1 lax programs that are popping up due to the enforcement of title ix money.
Any D1 sports scholarship should be applauded, but let’s not get carried away with the sport of lax, when it is supposedly the “easiest” D1 scholarship to obtain.

Are you responding to a particular post? I don't recall reading any posts that discussed people clambering to get a lacrosse scholarship. Lacrosse has always been about your kid getting into the best school possible, if she got some scholarship money it would be icing on the cake. The goal is not D1 the goal is a "Great Education". For some I'm sure that the chance to earn an athletic scholarship is appealing but most of us realize that only a small percentage of players receive a "Big" scholarship.

I guess I'm curious as to the overall point of your post. Is your daughter going to play basketball or soccer in college? I assume that your daughter plays lacrosse otherwise why would you be on this site.

In any event, I will use lacrosse to help my children get into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Columbia, Penn, Dartmouth, Cornell, Hopkins, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Duke, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Georgetown, USC, Boston College, North Carolina, Virginia, Army, Navy, Michigan, Maryland, Penn State, Bucknell, Villanova, Lehigh, Richmond etc... and have them be able to be part of a college team. No, a big scholarship was never part of the equation. Lacrosse provides tremendous opportunities for many Long Island Girls.

Not sure why you seem to have a problem with any of this.

Good luck to your daughter.

Great response!! In addition if you’re daughter plays basketball and or soccer and you’re from Long Island, beware. Take a look at big time basketball and soccer rosters at the college level. Long Island isn’t very well represented.