Originally Posted by Anonymous
t was a great game all around. Both teams should be proud of how they played. Hawks came out strong and took a 4-0 lead. Once Express scored their first goal, the momentum completely shifted and they out scored the Hawks 7-1 in the remainder of the game. Express kids kept their composure and came back. As I said, it was a great game against good competition and isn’t that what it is all about? “/quote”

My son plays on a 25 team so I watched the game as his team was between games. Very competitive. A key play in the game occurred with maybe 5 mins to play and score tied 5 5. Hawks middie was attempting to clear and was pretty obviously tripped from behind and flew in the air thereby losing the ball. The ref was way out of position and did not throw the flag. Express scooped the ball and immediately scored on a fast break as the Hawks middie remained on the ground and was out of the play. Would have been interesting to see outcome had ref made the call sending Hawks on 1 minute EMO. Had they scored chances are Express would have won the face off and been under pressure to score with short time from a set.

What was cool to see was the camaraderie between Express parents and Hawks parents who agreed it was an obvious trip with each side showing support for the Hawks middle and recognizing the quick play of Express attack. Not what you see on this board but a positive reflection of parents from both clubs.

Again, a really well played game from 2 strong and well coached teams.

Sounds like a love fest.