Originally Posted by Anonymous
Excellent math, excellent point and very well said.

Solid post. What are your thoughts on how attrition plays into that count. How many freshman/sophomores just stop playing in college.

At the top programs most continue to play, very few stop.

Bald Bear has done some research, I do not recall his exact findings but I believe he says a large number of players stop playing. In my experience looking at the top 20 or so programs it looks like a very high percentage of the players continue to play all four years. I just looked at the Rosters from the 2014 and 2015 LI UA Underclass Tems and it looks like 36 or 37 out of the 39 players either played all four years or are still playing. Two or three players had career ending injuries. One player who was injured continues to stay part of the team as a volunteer coach. I do not know the numbers for the rest of DI teams but logic tells me that the majority of players do not quit. Just look at roster size, if a large number of players stopped playing teams would not be able to maintain rosters in the mid 30’s.

I don’t dig too deep into this stuff. I just wanted to bring to light that you can do what you want to do but most of it doesn’t matter. If you’re good enough and have the grades you’ll find your way regardless of what club you play for, what lists you are on etc etc. if you look at club commits. 20 to 25% of the grade level go to solid d1 programs, the 75% that don’t go elsewhere or just go to college as students.