Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe it all depends on the year, the region, and who the evaluators are?
No, at least not on Long Island it doesn't. The same comments on here every year...
"The tryout was a joke, the best girls didn't make it, some real head scratchers, they will disappear in college, many deserving girls didn't make it, all political, if your not a YJ good luck, etc...)

Some parents just can't take it when others are considered better players than their daughter.
Maybe it all depends on the year, the region, and who the evaluators are?
No, at least not on Long Island it doesn't. The same comments on here every year...
"The tryout was a joke, the best girls didn't make it, some real head scratchers, they will disappear in college, many deserving girls didn't make it, all political, if your not a YJ good luck, etc...)

Some parents just can't take it when others are considered better players than their daughter.

Some time on my hands so I did a little research... my apologies if I miss by a number here and there... : )

2014 and 2015 Under Armour Underclass Teams from Long Island:

- Total of 39 players (some played more than 1 year).

- 20 College Programs Represented. 13 -15 would be considered Top 20 Programs.

- 13 Division I All-Americans (so far, many still playing)

- at least 21 All-Conference (so far)

- at least 17 Team Captains (so far)

- 35 Starters / Play every game.

- a few injured players I think Two career ending Injuries.

- 1 or 2 Reserve Players.

Where did the players go to college?

5 - Stony Brook
4 - North Carolina
4 - Princeton
3 - Florida
3 - Syracuse
3 - Notre Dame
2 - Penn
2 - Penn State
2 - USC
2 - Georgetown
1 - BC, Northwestern, UVA, Maryland, Richmond, Duke, Columbia, Yale, Lehigh.

The bottom line is that the complaints about the tryouts come every single year. The reality is that over the years Under Armour has done an excellent job with the selection process. The vast majority of the players selected go on to prove themselves at many of the Top College Programs. At least for these two years it looks like all but two players are excelling or excelled (graduated) at many of the most competitive programs.

Kind of goes against the narrative that "UA is a joke and it's the friends and family network".

The biggest surprise that also "busts" a narrative is how many players went to Stony Brook. I read on this site constantly how JS does more with less than anyone and how he brings in no-name recruits etc... Well SBU brought in the most of any program... If they made the Under Armour Underclass they were most certainly known players.

and these 2015 and 2014 were also dads of the players...not being a donk just really interested in how the UA has changed....and what went wrong? how can you let a parent be an evaluator? Seriously? that i just need to understand. It is a toal conflict of interest.. nevermind the coaches of the teams? idk