Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA has always been a joke.

Oh please... Under Armour Underclass has always been the most competitive HS event out there. Parents of players that do not make the team always complain and try to bash players who made the team. There are always going to be a handful of very strong players who are deserving but do not make the team that just the way it is, there are limited spots. Maybe 10 players per grad year have a legit complaint. I recall listening to a parent on one of my kids team complain two years in a row as to how the tryouts were BS and all political... His daughter made the team the following year and his comment was...
"They finally got it right". There are a lot of fantasy parents out there.

So true. There's got to be something to UA if these parents are still complaining almost 8 months later.

How many "deserving" players from each graduation year do not make the team each year? Maybe 10 - 12 players from each year. The evaluators do in fact try to select the best players but there are limited spots so some very good players will be over looked. I will say that having a parent of a player evaluate and of coach is wrong and should not happen.

How many players attend the tryouts? How many of those parents believe that their daughter is in the top 5 - 8 players at their position? How many of those parents believe that their daughter is in the top 15 or so players from Long Island in her graduation year? Just take a look at the schools that make offers to players and where players go to play in college. Each year there are 20 - 25 players from Long Island who go to the Top 10 - 15 college programs they are for the most part the best players from Long Island. Sure, there are a few who slip through the cracks for whatever reason but for the most part the players who receive offers from the top programs end up going to a top program. Stony Brook skews the numbers a little because they take so many Long Island players and they are also a top 10-15 program.
Too many parents look through their parent goggles...