Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The cup is UNC’s to lose... they’re the best team this year (and were last year too) that said the “best” team doesn’t always win.. Syracuse is special this year as is NW and ND... Penn State will go as far as their frosh middies can take them but it won’t be to a final. The terps will be good but not great no final 4 for them this year.

The Terps showed last year that they took a huge step back, and should be ranked on the lower half of the top 20 at this point. Good for Penn State, they got the massive benefit in the polls by beating a way over ranked MD (never seen a jump like that before, especially on a win on a spiraling team). Probably neither should be top 10. Loyola loses to a very good Cuse, a game they are supposed to lose and free falls in the polls? And many teams who did not play at all, somehow lose and gain position. At one point I thought the "experts" did a great job with these polls, I am starting to think these polls are about as good as what you and I could come up with.

Loyola lost by 12 goals. To say that they lost to a team that they were supposed to lose to is a little misleading to say the least. I believe Loyola was ranked just one position below Syracuse in last weeks poll. Loyola was not competitive this week. That said, I think they will bounce back and be much more competitive as the season progresses. I would bet Loyola finishes the season in the 11 - 15 range. Maryland lost to a competitive Penn State Squad, I would not call them "spiraling" just yet. I believe Maryland graduated 8 or 9 starters from their 2019 team (a team that was dominant) so yes they are rebuilding but I am confident that they will be back in the Top 10 by seasons end. As for the polls / rankings I agree with you, you and I and any number of fans could do just as good a job.