Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th[quote=Anonymous]I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.

Wait, no is "hating"?? Did I not read about a guy who can't stop thinking about a post from a GC parent YEARS ago? That guy's not a "hater"? Come on, the jealousy is so obvious it borders on sad. The reason he's "hating" on GC is that his son was utterly abused, and now he thinks he's getting his just rewards because his son is going to Hartford to play big-time D-1 lax. So my final thought is good luck to your son, hopefully, he is way more mature than his thin-skinned father.[/

Another comment with no value from this mad GC parent. You obviously like to face off. Everybody knows who you are. All your assumptions are always wrong. For someone who thinks he has everything going for him you are very angry. Sorry things are not going well.

All’s well friend, sorry for yours sons brush with the big bad GC kids. He’s going to be fine. You...not so much.