Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d th
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.
I’d th
I too am confused. Why do you care about GC so much?

I think the point is that D1 recruiting is now spread more widely across LI. In the “old days” a high percentage came from GC or Manhasset. Chaminade and St. Anthony’s are now the clear leaders with other D1 recruits coming from all over thanks to the rise of the club teams.

Agreed. No one is caring about Garden City or any other individual high school. There may be some comments directed at an individual from Garden City who angered some people with his comments with absolutely no value. But as you stated the point is that the sport is growing across the country and especially on Long Island. When you see high schools on that list with kids going to very good colleges and college lacrosse programs it is a good thing for the sport. In the old days only a handful of towns started lacrosse in first and second grade. Now most of the towns are starting early. The result is that you are now seeing recruits from high schools or towns that you never thought could produce a division I athlete in lacrosse. It is that simple. No one is hating anybody here and in fact we should all want Long Island players and programs to do well in state and national championships.

I would say that "strong athletes / players" from non-traditional "Lacrosse Towns" have benefited greatly from "Club Lacrosse". The ability to play on a 91 or Express "A" Team can help a player develop and get recruited. It has been this way for a long time now. The top college programs want to see players compete against the best competition. When they go to a "Top Club Tournament" they get to see a large majority of the best players in a given graduation year compete against each other. Not a lot of recruiting going on at HS games.