Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]question.
what do you think about training with different coaches who are in different clubs? I know there are plenty of kids that do it. Different training I would think only helps.
thoughts

you would think but its frowned upon

there was a case on the 2025 thread were four girls from the janelli team got caught training with shannon smith and it became a whole big thing. i heard they ended up denying it even thorough a bunch of people saw them their.

they almost got thrown off the team so I’d be careful

But why would it matter who the kid trains with, if they are coming back to their travel team well trained? Are travel coaches that insecure? Can entire programs be sabotaged by outside training ? Sounds like a problem with coaches ego.
Parents should be allowed to utilize any trainer for their kid they think will help their child become a better player.

Clubs are concerned with their players getting poached by trainers from competing clubs. It happens all the time.

Definitely seems like an ego trip. If you're that worried, maybe internally there needs to be some better training of the coaches.

It’s for sure an ego trip. I can’t imagine a parent allowing the club they are paying to tell them who can train their kid. I guess those parents will just have to take what they can get from TG. No other club can poach a happy and well trained player. So seems counter productive to put restrictions on families, make them unhappy, and then make them consider other clubs.

Totally agree...let your kids train wherever they want. If top guns is doing their job our players are staying put.