Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually glad you asked the question, I am a product an Ivory league school. While I am glad I went to great University it did not make me who I am nor did it determine how success I am, It was all up to me and to be honest my life would not be any different if I had decided to go to any other College or University. I will not force my kids to go to any college or University simply because one may or may not be a better Education. Rather I have taught them to work hard for what they want and to go after it, it’s there work ethic and confidence that will make them successful. In fact, my two partners in my Practice both graduated from State Universities and most of our employees over half are from non-Ivory’s or what you would consider top Universities probably. I hire people for who they are, Not the high school or college they attended.

You are correct. It is the person not the school. I have many Ivy League graduates who work for me. Many of them produce subpar work and can’t make it in our business. However, Ivy League and top schools do give many more opportunities so long as they are taken advantage of. There are no guarantees just because somebody attends an Ivy League school. Having said all that with the exception of Yale, Harvard and Princeton there is really no difference between the other Ivy League schools and schools such as Williams, Duke, Hopkins, University of Virginia, Georgetown and other schools in that top 30 category. Schools rank six through 30 are identical when it comes to opportunity and success of graduates.

Lol. Those schools are not identical “the other” Ivies. Schools are ranked for a reason. A number 8 school is not comparable to a #20 school. The only thing I might add is that it also depends on your major. For example Penn (Ivy) has the #1 ranked business schools but you would be better off attending Michigan (#3), than Cornell, UNC, UVA (#7 tie). Princeton, Yale, Harvard not even in top. Do your research and go to the highest ranked program at a school you can get into. Check this out:

usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-overall

cnbc.com/2019/07/31/wealth-x-the-20-American-universities-that-produce-the-richest-grads.html

Well, this is the densest thing I've seen posted here in a while.

Maybe even worse than the ESL guy above claiming to be an "Ivory League" alum. LOL

Says they guy whose kid went to Georgetown and thinks that’s the same as an Ivy League degree. Wake up!
The only thing the Ivies have over Georgetown are a few more woke points. Got the Hoyas beat there, but not by much.