Originally Posted by Anonymous
Copied from the 2026 forum

For the Jewish players; WSYL teams qualifiers on March 27th and 28th it is the first day of Passover. Families will be forced to decide between observing their faith and youth sports. Such a shame for kids who have worked all year for the opportunity to play. I believe players have to have played the qualifier to play the next rounds. The founder of the event himself is Jewish. Please no ignorant or derogatory comments. We already have enough division in this country.

I’m not a religious person so I’ve never even considered this. You make a good point. I think that this could be an issue for a lot more. Try contacting them. Maybe they can come up with a solution. Good luck.

The coaches / programs should contact WSYL. They need to hear it's an issue directly from the ones who register and pay the fees. They don't care about the parents on some random team. Unfortunate but true.

I don't think the programs give one you know what about 1 or 2 players. They already have rosters of 30 plus kids. Sad.

Aren't rosters capped at 25? Says so on their website. 2 goalies and 23 field players.
Yes they are supposed to be. I already heard of at least 2 major programs asking for exemptions. I'm sure they'll invoke a covid clause and claim hardpoop. Why would teams have 30 on their roster if they knew they couldn't bring everyone. It's all about the $$$ not the kids