Originally Posted by Anonymous
NEW TOPIC: Hero Ball

Looking for a little advice. My guy is in 8th grade/high school and we are starting to see players grow. Some were dominant two years ago but are falling behind now as everyone catches up....YET....they continue to shoot the ball constantly 8-10 times a game. It's worse when they are double OR TRIPLE teamed and WILL NOT PASS. They are costing the team games and no other players are able to shoot. So you have two kids who take 75% of the shots. It's not like you are going to say something to the kid or the parent. How do you bring it up to the coach?

What makes you think the coach doesn't know this already?

They do and have changed up the lines BUT the kids continue to get the ball and go straight to the goal. It kills the defense because the possession is a total of 20 seconds. At what point do you address it?

Never, unless you want to be one of those parents.

If the coach doesn't pull the kid out till he learns to move the ball, find another team. If this is his School team, then don't know what to tell you except, eventually i would expect his teammates to tell him (in either a nice way or a not so nice way.....trust me the upperclassmen on his team will let him know)