Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behind where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general

I've noticed the same. I think last year's 6th graders was a significantly better class. In fact some clubs like Coppermine can't even fill a B team at this level.

I wouldn't say there's a correlation between A & B teams and talent in a given class. It speaks to participation I think, simply a quantity vs quality issue.
We simply do not know enough about this class to judge on the talent unless you are seeing a huge amount of games played under COVID restrictions.

What I can say is there seems to be a big gap from the top tier teams to the average teams in this age group.

For me, i think there has been a massive gap in the 2nd tier. When you see a team like Skywalkers, Coppermine or MD United who have girls on the roster who can't cradle correctly , dont keep stick in triple thread position and have poor off-hand skills, you know they had a talent gap at tryouts.

Even the first tier after Heros, while M&D and BLC have solid players, there are only 1 or 2 who you look at and say Wow, that girl will be great in 3 years.

Skywalkers is not in the same tier as Coppermine and MD United at the 2027 level. Night and Day difference. For whatever reason, Skywalkers is not at the level the club tends to be at, but I expect that to change over the next few seasons.

I will say that for the club I know, they did not cut any players over summer, because of COVID, they didn't feel the players got a fair shot, so yes, there are some at the bottom end who are not up to speed. I can tell you there are more than 1-2 players on M&D and BLC who are going to be great players. Even the Coppermine and MD United as you reference have some very talented girls.

Agree that many of the top clubs have well more than 1-2 great players. But I would also agree that overall roster depth is way down. Watching M and D play MD United I would say that a majority of the second string girls on both sides would likely be on a B team in past years.