Originally Posted by Anonymous
I also have a question about Showcases (e.g., Main Stage, Juniors Open, Five Star, etc). From what I see on social media, a lot of very talented and deserving players get invited. I also notice numerous players, just as talented, never get invited. First, Im not talking about my own kid. My kid is in third grade. Im asking as I coach club in a non-hotbed area and parents ask me all the time how to get their kid invited - hence my question to you all. It seems it is not just talent that matters but connections. Politics. Anyone that can provide helpful opinions as to the selection process would be appreciated. Do they just look at Under Armour teams and start With that list to invite? Also, in a COVID world, is a lack of invites to said showcases going to significantly reduce someone's chance of being recruited? Or do they not carry that much weight and more of a money grab/fun experience?Thank you

It's a combination of everything from my expiernce. Talent Matters, Connections Matter!!! If you have a kid with top teir talent and send a video in, chances are they will take him. The top showcases want as many top kids as they can get. It's also who you know and who is running the showcase. If there are a few kids who are equal or just about equal they will take who they know. As for money grabs... it's all opinion. What's a money grab to one may be of value to another. At the end of the day it is all about making money for all these showcases. Remember, the college coaches get paid to attend most of these showcases.
Everyone will have different opinions but it comes down to being seen. doesn't matter how they see your kid, as long as they see him. Right now everything is video.