Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express B is not good. Their AA team is carrying a roster in the mid to high 30's. That's more than enough players for two teams. So basically the best player on Express B was like the 40th to 50th best player at tryouts. Because I'm sure a lot of people walk once they find out they're not going to be on the top team. Express, 91 and Igloo carry a lot of players on their top teams. If you're looking at their B teams, those players are going to be way down on the organizational depth chart.

I agree with the comments above. It's become a money grab for ALL of the programs. Overloaded rosters at the A team ensure the more money in the program. Half the players sit there and watch but at least the parents can drive around with the team decal on their car. If they have enough for a weak second team they'll throw something together. It's all based on numbers at tryouts. How many times have you heard players are just dying to come here? BTW, 2nd tier players and second rate coaching DOES NOT get you lower prices. It gets you garbage coaching and nothing more than one or two average players.

Until people push back or some sort of regulations are enacted, the stink known as program owners will continue to clean up. They advertise all the recruited athletes they produced. Newsflash, most if not all of those players would have gotten into the same university or better had they spent the same amount on tutors or test prep. I'm all for playing at the next level but at what cost. Does anyone really care that you played 3rd midfield for an unknown university. Don't give me the line that these kids are using lacrosse to get a better education because it's not true. Play, have fun take it as far as you can, get an education make connections, move on.
you sounded like you knew what you were saying until you said lacrosse does not get you a better education , i would like to have your kid apply to YALE , Princeton, UVA , UNC , Duke without lacrosse and come back on here and let us know how that worked out . If you are good enough to play at those schools you will get in because of lacrosse if you are trying to get in on just academics you have zero shot that is a FACT . So keep working hard in classroom and on lax field and hopefully in the end an opportunity presents itself