Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great event today at Cedar Creek Park ---Long Island Lax Showcase Fall Final----very organized ---mixed level of competition--fun--all kids played 3 games--games were live streamed ---my son loved it---played against some of his club teammates and some of his HS teammates---the coaches did a super job---plus the weather was perfect-last event for my kid for a while----let's hope we can figure this out and play a HS season in April.
Agreed great weather and a well run event. Unfortunately no exposure for the kids not yet committed but at least they got to play. Parents overall were great except for a few stunands who just don't understand that NO PLAYER OR PROSPECTIVE COACH EVER WANTS TO HEAR A PARENT YELLING AT A KID FROM THE SIDELINE.

all of the games played were live streamed to college coaches and the film is available to the college coaches --I know of a few kids that received some interest from the games played --plus film was available to the players for an extra fee----it is what it is---.... another opportunity to play on film for future recruiting--------agreed about the parents-----truth with recruiting ----the parents go with the player ---not recruiting fallacy, kids have been dropped bc of crazy parents and kids have been dropped because of poor social media profiles ---truth not myth. As for uncommitted '22s---keep playing, training and acquiring more good film ---there is always room for talented players

Truth. Advice from a former player and coach. Parents; sit there, stop coaching, support the entire team not just your kid and be glad they're out there. I am amazed at how bad the parents behavior has gotten on the sidelines of youth sports.