Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

I expect SW to improve over the next few seasons, had a late start compared to most of these teams.

Not sure what you mean by late start for SW. They went 0-6 in the fall and only 1 loss was by fewer than 9 goals. Can't see this ship righting without a massive roster turnover. Saw their 14-2 loss to pride at Chesapeake and Pride could have scored 20 if they wanted to.

BLC was 5-1 in the fall, only loss by 2 to M&D in a game that was close late and most wins were decisive.

I tend not to read much into 4th grade and below NGLL games since lots of good girls are still playing rec level.

When I say late start, I am referring to the 2027 SW team not playing in NGLL in 2019, then due to COVID, not having a 2020 NGLL. There's a learning curve. As you state, some kids may have been playing rec which means they didn't play at all in 2019-2020 season.

No doubt they need to add a few kids from other clubs to start to compete.

Who would you put in your top-5?

Mine would be

1) Hero's Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) NEMS
5) Pride

Top 3 def the same

I'd go

1) Hero Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MD United
6) LBC// NEMS / Coppermine

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behing where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general