[/quote]

The MadLax roster cheating that I am aware of has involved lower divisions, where MadLax plays its combined teams in the lower grade, rather than the upper grade like they are supposed to. For example, they will play a combined 2025/2026 B team in a 2026 B division, knowing that they would get killed if they played up in 2025 B. Shady behavior yes, but it does not affect the higher divisions that readers of this forum care about, such as HoCo Elite. I only know of one instance of roster cheating in an elite division, and that was by the Canadian team Evolve at Hershey in 2019. They had kids within their program running between games and playing for two different aged teams, and were DQ'd when parents of an opposing team (Team Maryland) saw it and turned them in. I do not think that roster cheating happens very often, but if anybody knows of another example(s) go ahead and share.[/quote]

Key phrase "that I am aware of..." Madlax also did the same thing at Hershey and recently double rostered players in a Fall 2020 tournament. That's 2 more and there are much more. Most area teams are keenly aware of how Madlax operates and openly ask questions at the start of games and question whether they are playing a registered roster.

The end of every Madlax defender sentence has something to do with college commits. Unfortunately, as you track their commits on their own web site the quality of those commits gets worse and worse. The 23's will boost it but that's only because that team was brought over by a defunct club.