Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i recall Governor Cuomo , going to a convention in Delaware and was caught not wearing his mask and in a crowd full of people. His quote was " You have to be in the State longer than 24 hours to Quarantine ". that is what what i am going by . Plus shutting the country down for 99.9 pct survival rate does not make much sense. Now lets get back to Lax

Cuomo was taking a few liberties with that statement.

Right from the NY State Guidance:
The requirements of the travel advisory do not apply to any individual passing through designated states for a limited duration (i.e., less than 24 hours) through the course of travel. Examples of such brief passage include but are not limited to: stopping at rest stops for vehicles, buses, and/or trains; or lay-overs for air travel, bus travel, or train travel

This is pretty similar to most of the northeast states. But the posts seem to be going back an forth between two distinct issues. The 24 hour rule, which is similar in most northeast states, relates to a person traveling through that state and whether quarantine/testing is necessary while in that state (i.e. would a NY, NJ or CT kid have to quarantine while in MD for a tournament). The other issue is whether quarantine is necessary for a NY, NJ, or CT kid when they return home, despite only being in MD for less than 24 hours. In the first instance, it is not practical, and nearly impossible, for MD to enforce an in-state quarantine/testing requirement (if they even have such a requirement) for a 1 day lacrosse tournament. In the second instance, that NY, NJ, or CT kid and their family are probably subject to the quarantine requirements in their home state because the time spent in MD was not simply passing through during travel. While I am not sure if it is legal in any of the home states, the easiest course of action would be to simply keep your kid home for a few days afterwards and get tested.