Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice try. I know several college All Americans that are incredible players that applied and did not get an invite. The Stony Brook player was not even a high school AA. There are always politics in sports but this is about the worse I have ever seen.

I agree that the selection is a bit off... that said, "The Stony Brook player was not even a high school AA" ... I am pretty sure she was named to the Under Armour Senior Girls All-American Team.

Ohhhh. HS AA means something when they are playing in college. And there you have it. On many a threads the player bio seems to mean something. So that’s why we are where we are when it comes down to selecting UA teams and HS AA. When you distill it down, the same few (mainly 1 person) gets to stack those teams with marginal players from her team/org who then pack their player bio’s with nonsense. What garbage.

I don’t think it means anything when they are playing in college and I do not think bio’s mean anything either. But if you look at the history of the players who were named to the Under Armour Senior All American Team you will see that the large majority of those players go on to have very good college careers , primarily at the Top 10 - 15 programs. I don’t think anyone questions the players ability, just where she is in her development vs many of the top attackers in the game. The kid is legit but there are many who have proven themselves at the highest level.

Sorry but this post is ridiculous. There are many high school players that are legit and many that are better than this selection. That said a player who has never played a college game has no business going to this tryout and its obvious to all that Spallina has his hands all over this . Normally I would say who cares but this player took the spot from a more deserving player( there are many) who this may have been their final chance to make the most prestigious womens lacrosse team in the world. I know Spallina only cares about himself but I am shocked USlacrosse would allow this to happen. Not sure why Levy would allow this when she has multiple freshmen with way more accolades including the most hyped high school player in history who she obviously knew did not deserve a selection never having played a college game. Spallina and this nonsense is the reason so many players and parents leave the sport.

Which post is ridiculous? It looks like the one (above yours) the one you are responding to is saying basically what you are saying. The reality is, the kid is an excellent player. However, when there are Division I All Americans not on the list it is right to question the selection. Just remember, it is not the players fault...