Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I’m paying 3k to 4K +++ per year, for my kid to play on some very average B team, and my kid loses playing time to some kid that isn’t even on the team, then I am one pissed off ombre! Can someone enlighten me as to why a paying customer would put up with a coach like that?

It's good business and all clubs do it. They take 23 - 30 kids knowing only 15-18 will play. The rest either are happy anyway and stay for whatever their reason or leave and are replaced by someone else. The ones who leave go to another club. Their kid either plays there causing other people to leave for greener pastures, or they don't and the kid leaves and trys somewhere else. Either way, kids move teams and clubs and the cycle repeats itself.

Clubs make money. Unrealistic parents get fleeced. Unrealistic people get fleeced anyway so there is no difference with this and anything else.

So says the Launch cheater dad. Actually only some bad B teams do it. Majority don’t. No AA teams do it. None. Only trashy coaches on trashy B teams. And only trashy parents of bad players accept it, since it is their only hope of seeing their kid playing with any real talent and “possibly” win a game or two.

AA teams do indeed bring in guests. The 2022 Aug 31 game had a kid from Express playing for 91 Maryland. My sons 2023 team had a guest FOGO this past summer.

Why am I not surprised your sons team had a guest....see a trend here?

No, I actually do not see a trend.

I see the trend. Top teams manage their program and roster to ensure they put the best team on the field. The guy who was thrown out of Legacy is not the parent of a kid who is ever invited to fill in for whatever reason.