Originally Posted by Anonymous
Then took it easy on Mesa thinking it was an easy win. I think VLC beat them by 8 goals in Summer Exposure. Got a wakeup call there.

Guess VLC coaches have a reading comprehension problem. MESA (PA) didn't play in Summer Exposure. VLC played Mesa Futures Orange 2026 (Severna Park, MD), basically a rec team, in Summer Exposure.

Too bad you are the one with the misunderstanding.......
Mesa at Summer Exposure was the Mesa Pa team. Listed as the Severna Park team but every parent I spoke with on the sidelines was from the Philly area. It was Mesa Pa at summer exposure, not the SP team. The SP team had not even officially formed at the time.

Who knows, and who cares, whether it was the PA or SP Mesa team? Obviously VLC had a big win in their first game and a big let down in their second game. But having watched the Mesa team play yesterday, they are not bad at all. They are well coached and had a great goalie (no, I am not the goalie Dad). They were good enough to smack down a good VLC team when it did not bring its A game, and good enough to play Looneys and Crabs without being totally blown out. I'd say that puts them in the top 20 in the country. Wherever that Mesa team is from, good on them for playing in an extremely competitive field and going 1-2.

So a team that is 1-7 in two tournaments should now be top 20, dream on lol. A parent told me yesterday they lost all their games since summer except vlc, and many players are older.

They bring older kids and still lose all the time?