Originally Posted by Anonymous
I sure hope so. I stumbled onto this thread and it is awful. When my son's team has played Looneys its parents have classy, so the program can't be as bad as it is portrayed here. But obviously some people have a different opinion and have a pretty big axe to grind.

my two kids went through the Looney's club. My oldest had a great experience with his team (parent coaches) my youngest had a decent experience but eventually moved on looking for a better fit. Looneys main issue (my opinion) is they are a top club in the area (not the best) that still uses/rely on parent coaches. With the frail egos many parents have today, people look to blame other things aside from their kids for playing time, which is the reason so much detest goes towards the coaches. These parents are the same parents that blame teachers for their kids bad grades in school or discipline problems. Most other top clubs (crabs, fca, etc...) don't have as many parent coaches, so there may be a bit more impartiality with team selections and playing time. Most of the kids who get cut or move on for more playing time rarely ever go to a better team, which is probably the reason they didn't get on the field with Looneys.