First off I’ve never really put my thoughts down in a note so forgive some of the naivety- A few questions where I have no idea where to ask-I have a high school soph and we are ready to pull the trigger and start contacting for recruiting.. I also should add that our club has helped us but I have some questions I don’t feel like asking our club.
Are any schools hosting campus visits/open houses for prospective students? (Not just athletes) I’m aware of the virtual visits.
If we visit a school on our own should we register as a visitor first? We almost used a day this past weekend to drive two hours and to hit some schools but we weren’t sure if our visit should be official or not? (Again not as an athlete)
We live in a “target rich environment” so we have seen many campuses through festivals, clinics or camps but have never been officially registered for a visit. I want to officially start visiting other schools on our radar so my daughter knows what to strive/work for. She’s not going to Hopkins and Goucher's way too small and not remote enough for example.
I’m familiar with the rules but the pace of the the 22’s recruiting has us anxious. We lost this summers camps so we are that much farther behind. I know that we have tape on our side but my daughter need to get out there beyond what we’ve seen so this process becomes real.
Another example is that there’s a school in our family on our radar that is Div 1 but is never at any showcases, tournaments etc. they don't have summer camps. I guess they just send in coaches when needed to recruit? I guess with tape they don’t need to travel or hold live events? Does this have a reflection on their operation?