Originally Posted by Anonymous
Clearly you are savvy enough to look up that info so it’s surprising you think that is a crazy amount of money for a single team. For a 20 person team that amounts to a yearly tuition of $2800 per player. Seems pretty reasonable for a team that plays/practices year round and employed professional (I.e no dads) coaches.

What am I missing(it must be something)
No teams spend $2800 per player. The for profit teams in this area don’t even charge $2800 per player and those squads avg about $1k profit per player annually. In 2017 Tigers spent $27k which would be reasonable for all the costs (about $1350 per kid assuming 20 players). I’m not sure why this is relevant to anyone but the IRS, but wanted to point out what you were missing. From a lax standpoint, they are legit and yes they try and recruit top players on other teams, but all clubs do that. They happily allow guest players to come practice with them and see if its a fit for both sides. Not as much flexibility with other sports, but I think that’s what makes them so good.

honestly, this financial analysis is the only interesting thing on this board! nice work pulling that number and firing up a conversation about it.
I think the $56k is reasonable expense. Here are my numbers (not a coach so these could be way off..let me know if they are as i'm actually really curious about these)

8 tourney's per year at 2k entry fee a piece = $16,000 (5 summer, 2 fall, 1 winter box tourney)

50 practices (average of 1 practice per week year round)
- $200 for field rental
- 4 coaches (I heard they have a lot of coaches...4 seems good)
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- 50 x ($200 + (4*$60*2))
- $34,000 for practices

Uniform Kit at $100/player = $2,000

tourney fees + practices + unis
$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I'll throw in 4 $1000 coach's bonus for beating the hawks to round it out to $56K.

Am I somewhat close? If not, where am I wrong?

Good analysis. I hear 100+ practices all year long. 6-10 coaches there most times.Top flight coaches so double pay assumptions other than the volunteers. And their annual weekly camps.