Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!

Not the same for all teams / grades

Maybe but as the years go on, the 2nd teams on Express get worse. Basically due to the total lack of attention by Express directors, followed by frustrated parents and players and finally implosion.

The issue is that kids that should be on the B team, are usually lower tier type players on clubs and they opt for an A team like S2S, True Blue or The Turtles vs the B team at an Express or 91. This was not the case 4 or 5 years ago, but with so many clubs, there is “A” team for everyone. It’s why we have the AA naming convention. In theory B teams at Express and 91 and few other big clubs should be fringe A teams, but parents gravitate towards A teams because sometimes B teams can be after thoughts. But there are several B teams that great all around. Point is, do your research and check things out and don’t run blindly towards the light.
True Blue & the Turtles are A teams ?????