Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by cltlax
Why did these players leave one of the best teams in the country? I know these players. It’s not over playing time?
I dont know about Madlax but for our team that saw similar changes after tryouts are done and teams set, HS is a big change up. Players start jockeying for positioning for their HS coaches who are likely affiliated with clubs.

Bingo, It is all about the HS Coach now.

Such a ridiculous conflict of interest. It shouldn't matter where a kid plays club.

From what I know of the NL coaches, they do not care where you go to school. A parent may think its better for their kid to play where their HS coach coaches in the evenings, but that's just the parents. I don't thinks that the boys we are talking about needed to more to gain favor, these are some of the most highly recruited boys, who may have just been tired of playing for a certain coach. So going into HS they may have decided to switch to play with other friends who are also Top of the list players and with good coaches that don't play their son, before everyone else.

While NL may not care where you play, it's clear that they are trying to get cozy with SJC with that Next Level Cadets team that is mostly '22s but has a few younger kids, including the former ML '24 attack that played NHSLS for SJC.