Originally Posted by Anonymous
So the Roughrider guy in the white shirt who went looking for the VLC player’s parents had no connection to either team in the game, but was patrolling random tournament games and confronting other clubs’ parents on the sidelines. Okay, got it. In the future if he has a problem with an opposing player, rather than picking fights with parents, maybe he should talk to the coach, who in this case was already aware and dealing with it. Kudos to the VLC coach for sending the player to apologize. I hope the white shirt guy had a talk with the RR’s own coaches about what they said when the player apologized.
Agreed the RR guy should not have gotten involved. Also, he should know telling a parent is pointless as it’s obviously on them if their son yelled at a kid he just cheap shotted. That isn’t a one off type of behavior so I’m sure they are already aware. If he was not a coach or parent yet took charge of the incident I think it’s pretty clear who he was. I’m sure your kid was embarrassed by his words and actions and was trying to cover it up by blaming the opposing coaches.