Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's the deal with MadLax Capital and National teams. Its main 2026 is Capital in the DC area, but the program also operates regional programs in other parts of the country, I believe Texas and Oregon.
The "National" team is pulled together for certain tournaments, and consists mostly of Capital players, but they invite the top players from the other teams to add extra juice. I am sure it is a cool opportunity for the regional kids to get invited east to play with the big team, and the potential opportunity is a selling point when recruiting for those teams.
I don't know if they bump players off the Capital team to make room, or simply carry a bigger roster for events to which they bring the "National" team. I would guess that at least 80% of the National team consists of Capital players, probably more, but a few athletic kids from those teams are probably an upgrade over the weakest few players on the Capital team.
But the extra talent at a couple of positions is probably neutralized by the lack of team chemistry with the short time players.
And this year with Covid, I would imagine that not many families wanted to fly from Texas or Oregon for a weekend of lacrosse, so there is probably not much difference between the two teams in terms of overall quality.
I hope this helps; and perhaps a Madlax parent can chime in if I am not understanding correctly.

I'm confused, how many levels are in the pyramid?
Here's the deal with MadLax Capital and National teams. Its main 2026 is Capital in the DC area, but the program also operates regional programs in other parts of the country, I believe Texas and Oregon.
The "National" team is pulled together for certain tournaments, and consists mostly of Capital players, but they invite the top players from the other teams to add extra juice. I am sure it is a cool opportunity for the regional kids to get invited east to play with the big team, and the potential opportunity is a selling point when recruiting for those teams.
I don't know if they bump players off the Capital team to make room, or simply carry a bigger roster for events to which they bring the "National" team. I would guess that at least 80% of the National team consists of Capital players, probably more, but a few athletic kids from those teams are probably an upgrade over the weakest few players on the Capital team.
But the extra talent at a couple of positions is probably neutralized by the lack of team chemistry with the short time players.
And this year with Covid, I would imagine that not many families wanted to fly from Texas or Oregon for a weekend of lacrosse, so there is probably not much difference between the two teams in terms of overall quality.
I hope this helps; and perhaps a Madlax parent can chime in if I am not understanding correctly.

You are basically correct. The roster is a bit bigger, but the players added typically don't start.

So for just 5 easy payments of $99.99 you get the privilege of traveling east (hotel and air fare not included) and play with the Big Team. You'll be considered the juice, but don't expect to start or play too much, but you will help the Big Team take the local Baltimore club teams to OT. Sounds sweet, where do we sign up?

People make the choices they want to make.

And people can laugh at you all they want.