Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the point people are trying to make is even if the B team develops into a decent team colleges don’t take them seriously. 91 Ambush is a perfect example. They are a decent B team and have no D1 commits. I have seen them play and they have one or two kids that can play D1 but probably won’t get the chance. Take that same team with the same players and put them on another club where they are the top team and those two D1 players they do have would get more looks and offers and maybe some more would get D1 offers too. The history of the 91 and Express B teams shows us very few D 1 commits and most go to schools people never heard of.

Sometimes, if not most, kids stack playing lacrosse over the career field. To me, it makes no sense gong to a top D1(unless you come from wealth) school only to play lacrosse and afterwards worry about what you will do to put food on the table.

Most D1 lacrosse programs are very good on the academic side. Graduates do very well. There is no evidence that D1 players worry about putting food on the table more than a D2 or D3 player. In fact most D2 academics are not great. D3 academics range from top schools to terrible schools. For many D1 lacrosse gets these kids into much better schools than they would be able to get into without lacrosse. It is not uncommon to talk to a parent who has a kid that plays D2 or D3 and the first words they say are " My kid could play D1 but he does not to because....." People make choices for many reasons. Its fine. No need to explain why someone chose D2 or D3. Playing D1 lacrosse does not make the person. Nothing wrong with not playing D1 lacrosse. Many do choose not to. But it is misinformation to say that D1 graduates worry about putting food on the table so D1 is not a good choice. Going back to the topic on Express and 91 B teams - I doubt all of them choose D2 or D3 as part of a career decision. You should expect at least some to pick a D1 school if offered. Problem is these kids don't get that offer. Not saying they are not good enough. Just pointing out they are better off on another club A team if they do want a D1 opportunity or even a top academic school. Take a look at 2021 91 B (Ambush), Express B and Igloo B commits and compare them to legacy, Rebels and FLG commits and see which kids are going to better academic and lacrosse schools. It is not even close. You can find the information on each club web site, Inside lacrosse, Back of the cage commit section, Sports recruits or conneclax.