Originally Posted by Anonymous
Faceoffs are going to be a thing of the past soon anyway

Very true been hearing that for some time now , getting rid of the Draw. The position has been tweaked few times the past 5 yrs . Now they want to stop knee down. Face off clinics is a big business for some .

What is shommy going to do?

Not a FOGO lover but why so much detest for the faceoff? Would the game be so much more exciting if Team A scores on Team B, Team B takes it out of the net and Team A rides for a turn over and scores again and again and again? Free clear like grade school? Should we make penalties fast breaks again?

I watched an AA level game this weekend. If it were not for faceoffs the score would have been 50-0 as one team could not break the other teams ride when/if they made a save or got the ball in their own zone. Other team snatched it right back and scored immediately or just sat way back and the other team could not make any passes up the field without it getting intercepted. The only thing that kept it competitive was the other team being able to win some face offs and kill the clock and play some offense. I am not arguing either way, but what happens in this scenario. What then. Free clears from midfield. It's tough to find the right thing.

Again, not a fan of the player that is one dimensional and runs off but I also cant see the game with out the face off. Keep doing that pull ball out of net, draconian ride for turn over in 90 degree weather (unless you’re Wolfpack) and that D and the middies are stuck on the field running out of gas. Sorry fellas, its more like hockey, go to center ice and drop the puck and start play again. Ill take faceoffs with PLL rules over so much worry about changing the game.