Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No, the weak argument is yours, especially since you begin by admitting that an extra year is an advantage. HS sports is designed for four class grades to compete against each other, and if a 14 year old freshman makes the varsity, then good for him. But youth lacrosse, even Elite, is designed for players in one grade to compete against each other. I saw the Hawks play this summer for the first time, and was amazed at how dependent they are on the size advantage of a few players. Take those players away and they are still a good team, but they would be on par with BLC, MadLax, FCA etc., the teams that they routinely beat by 6-7 goals. The games would be close and competitive, rather than a victory lap for Hawks dads each weekend as they taunt the kids on opposing teams. What
losers. If your son is on that team and you are under the illusion that he (and you) are hot stuff because the Hawks always win, you are the one who will be crying when he gets to high school.
Exactly...your son can’t handle the holdbacks at this age and it hurts you as a dad. I love that my son gets to play against my older kids, it’ll only make him that much better of a player and person when he hits HS. Sure he’s disappointed when he loses to Hawks, but he knows it’ll only make him a better player when it matters. 7th grade lax championships are fun for a minute, getting better at this point to dominate in high school and get into a better college are fun for a lifetime. #micdrop

Nice try Hawks Dad!